Fibre foods are plant extract foods which are either soluble or insoluble fibres. Fibres are found in the outer layer of whole grains and plants which remain undigested in the gut. They cannot be digested by our body’s digestive enzymes. As they remain undigested, they facilitate the digestion process, help in digesting other food in the gut and also modulate the consistency of body waste. Dietary fibre foods are whole wheat, rice, oats, corn, fruits, veggies, pulses and nuts.
Now, the 7 perks of fibre food that I would like to convey are…
- Fibre food are ideal for weight management reason. This type of food gives the sensation of fullness after consumption and provide the bulk of body waste which helps to clean the bowel. Therefore, it helps to maintain the body weight.
- As fibre food takes longer chewing time, longer digestive time, so glucose formation in body is slow, insulin response is slower too. The person tend to eat less and does not feel hungry for a long time. As a result, slowly loses the excessive weight. Therefore, these food are highly recommeded for weight loss.
3. Fibre food helps in reducing blood sugar level. Since fibre content is not digested hence it is not added to the blood sugar level. Clinically, fibre food have found to reduce postprandial glycaemia and increase insulin sensitivity. So, they are good for diabetics.
4.Since this food maintain the blood sugar level and gives the sensation of fullness, They are clinically recommended for gastrointestinal disorders and obesity.
5. Plant extracts food are rich in fibres, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Hence, they have the added benefits of removing toxins along with body waste and help boost the body’s immunity.
6. Studies have proved that fibre food helps in lowering blood cholesterol level so help in reducing risk of hypertension, stroke and coronary artery diseases.
7. Fibre food facilitate the digestive process, helps in removing unwanted waste, toxins, helps in cleaning the bowel. Therefore, fibre food intake helps in reducing the risk of bowel cancers.