Hello everyone ! Have a wonderful and safe day 🙋🏻
The thyroid gland is butterfly-shaped in the neck, which is responsible for metabolism and growth. This gland mainly secretes hormones, thyroxine and triiodothyronine. It is controlled by the pituitary gland which is called the master gland of the hormonal axis. Thyroid problems are widespread and experienced by millions, but about 60% of such cases remain undiagnosed. Thyroid problems are elevated these days because of high stress in day to day life, unhealthy food habits, sedentary lifestyle, and perhaps increase in top environmental toxins. Though thyroid problems can appear in both men and women, but women are most likely to be affected than men. Although there is no specific cause, the reason can be due to estrogen dominance, a state where the estrogen level is elevated than the progesterone level.
Thyroid issues can be broad as
#dietary deficiency like iodine deficiency such as in case of goitre
#autoimmune in origins like hypothyroidism called Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and hyperthyroidism called Graves disease.
Symptoms depend on different conditions. Common symptoms for thyroid problems can be:
weightloss (hyperthyroid) or weight gain (hypothyroid),
heat intolerance and
irregular menstrual cycle.
The association of thyroid issues with irregularity or imbalance in women reproductive hormones have been quite relevant. There is a significant association of thyroid issues with conditions like uterine fibroid, endometriosis, menstrual irregularities, premenstrual symptoms (PMS), polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and difficulty in menopause.
According to modern medicine, depending upon the thyroid hormone levels in the blood, physical examination, ultrasound and physical symptoms, the diagnosis is confirmed. Drugs are given as a substitute for thyroid hormones in case hypothyroidism.
But in general, the thyroid gland can be maintained healthily by changing our food habits and lifestyle. 6 natural ways are:
1.Food: Apple, coconut, yoghurt, beans, spinach, onions, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, mango, olive oil, garlic, mushroom, nuts, sea fishes like sardines and salmon, using natural rock salt in meals.
2. Avoiding junk food and soya products.
3. Daily yoga and meditation are beneficial;
4. The message of the gland with pure cold-pressed walnut oil or red onion (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties) can help significantly to reduce inflammation around the organ.
5. Vitamin D, Selenium and magnesium supplementation are helpful.
6. Detoxifying: our body is highly equipped with organs (liver, kidneys, skin, lungs) to eliminate toxins. We do not require expensive therapies or sessions or any special diet for detoxification. We, need to stick to a clean diet, plenty of fluids, proper sleep, no excess processed food, sugar and alcohol to enhance the natural detoxification process.
Thanks for reading.
Blessings and much love to all 💐